Home
Constructed in 1778 from plans by Firmin Perlin and financed by the Marquis of Laborde, the Hôtel de Mercy-Argenteau owes its name to its first occupant, Florimond-Claude, Count of Mercy-Argenteau, the Austrian ambassador to France from 1766 to 1790 and Marie-Antoinette's right-hand man. Located at 16 bis, boulevard de Montmartre in Paris, the hotel is one of the earliest residences to be built along Paris's Grands boulevards, and one of the last to have been preserved.
This book traces the history and development of the Hôtel de Mercy-Argenteau, which has undergone major architectural transformations since its construction and has had many owners. Today it is home to the students and visitors of the École des Arts joailliers.
« La librairie Lardanchet Beaux-Arts sera fermée du samedi 1er août et rouvrira le 1er septembre dès 10h. Toute commande effectuée au cours de cette période sera traitée à notre retour. »
“Lardanchet bookstore artbooks will be closed from Saturday, August 1 and will reopen on September 1 at 10:00 a.m. Any orders placed during this period will be processed upon our return.”
New book new
Favorites